Monday, March 13, 2006

Shopping Excursions

Ahh... what a vacation week. No school, no rules! Well not exactly. I didn't go any where exotic but stayed in the NH-MA area. Besides just lounging around and watching Dawson's Creek episodes I went on a few glorious shopping excursions... and despite my lack of cash they were really successful.

The first was a fun road trip with my best friend up to Portsmouth NH. Their downtown area is full of cute little boutiques and record stores. We went through racks of expensive prom dresses at Farah's Special Occasions Boutique ( I loved saying that name! it sounds like mine but with a thick lisp!) and pranced around as Farah herself gave us the evil eye. Then we headed across the street to a cute second hand shop... it was called Second Time Around I think, and we witnessed a flamboyantly gay man buy an extremely feminine patterned shirt. Then we went to a skate shop next door called Identity where the incredibly cute staff helped my friend pick out a few presents for her boyfriend's birthday. We stopped by a huge independent Music store... I forget the name but they had every genre you could think of, plus a great used section. It was full of adorable rockers browsing the shelves and arguing over vinyl purchases. Next we stopped for a quick Photo opt (my friend is a photographer wannabe, she is quite good I might say) by an adorable London-esque telephone booth. Then we escaped the bitter cold to pop into a cute pizza parlor where the sort of creepy guy behind the counter bought a whole pizza so we could just buy by the slice! It was good though. Then the trip was complete with the drive home listening to the Rent soundtrack and hits of the summer past!!

My other trip was with my Mom and my Aunts up to The Wrentham Premium Outlets . If you love shopping this place is HEAVEN!! Let me just give you the list of some of the amazing stores selling racks and racks of half price items. Banana Republic, Barneys New York, Burberry, Calvin Klein, DKNY, Gap, Guess, J.Crew, Lacoste, Levi's, Saks off Fifth avenue, Pac Sun, Ralph Lauren, Puma, Tommy Hilfiger. Plus the accessories stores like... Aldo, Birkenstock, Journeys, Kenneth Cole, Reebok, Vans, Coach, Fossil and lots of other home, gift and music store. Don't the names just make you drool? The whole set up is just like a huge outdoor mall. Though it was very cold it is a bit refreshing to bundle up in your cutest scarves, boots, and mittens as you run around and stare at the gorgeous clothes (even though I couldn't even buy the half price versions.) I did end up buying a $40 pair of Van's slip-ons for $20!! Which I am LOVING!! If you live near or might be passing through the Wrentham MA area I would suggest that you set a day aside to explore this magical place!! You and your wallets will thank me!!

A vacation is gone again and school awaits tomorrow. A better pick a killer outfit incase they forgot how awesome I was after a weeks break!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home