Monday, March 13, 2006

Obsessions Pt. 2

Okay another thing you might have found out about me that I have A LOT of obsessions. Like numerous weekly. Another thing about me is that I love sharing my new obsessions with everyone I know.

Lately I have been really into classic books. I mean I used to read all the girly romantic novels (Confessions of a Shopaholic...My life story!) and teen books but I really wanted something with more substance. So I started reading Oliver Twist... A famous book by Charles Dickens (also known for the movie interpretation). It is tough to read but you really feel like you are gaining something. It felt great to see some of my actual SAT vocab words in context.... Something that would have NEVER happen in my girly teen books. And books like this can actually be inspirational... Just reading about old London and little poor boys in knickers makes me want to design a whole Oliver Twist based collection!!! Another plus with a classic is that you aren't embarrassed to read it in public... You get more respect too when people know you actually are reading a book like that just for the heck of it. So I am excited now... I have a huge list I want to conquer next.... The Great Gatsby ( the 20's were roaring!), Pride and prejudice (because I LOVED the movie so much), Little Women, The Jungle (hopefully I won't have to give up hamburgers after this), Gone with the Wind and whatever I can get my hands on at the library.

My other new obsession is old photographs. I don't mean pictures from when I was seven... I mean crackled, and faded black and white or sepia toned pictures. I love pictures of peoples in the 50's and before. They all have such class. My new idea is to get a bunch of really cool old photographs and to buy a bunch of cheap T-Shirts and iron on transfer sheet to make cool shirts with the pictures on it... Wouldn't you wear that? It's my vision I guess.

my new best friend... My USB cruiser! I was forced to buy one this summer when I was taking a few classes at the Fashion Institute of technology in NYC. I really didn't get it then but now I realize it is really a revolt against the constantly annoying floppy disc! I go from one computer to the next with ease!! BUY ONE NOW!

okay last obsession for today.... The cooking channel. It is inspiring. It makes me want to actually cook or bake something creative. Sure I am all for cookie dough in a tube... And even cookie dough pre separated into little circles but sometimes when Emeril makes a double chocolate brownies with homemade French vanilla whipped cream I wonder whether my cooking short cuts are really up to par?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home