Monday, March 13, 2006

Death Cab is the new Miracle Drug



Ever have a bad day? Of course you have, just everything goes wrong and you don't no what to do with your self. I have a cure for bad day depression; Death Cab for Cutie is my cure. The music is mellow but the lyrics are vibrant and meaningful. It is my poetry, personal but so relatable. It is like a beautiful novel with sweet words and a beat that makes you want to sway. My brother claims all their songs sound the same but the problem is he really doesn't listen. He is so used to flat lyrics, they hold some meaning but they have no depth. The sound weighs above the words. With Death Cab, the two are equals, nether are overpowering the other, complimenting each ones strengths which is how I think real music should be. So I suggest you go onto ITunes and download them next time you are having one of those days, you will thank me.

The new stuff is good... more melodic but really good. I really love the new single "Crooked Teeth" but "What Sarah Said".... another song from their new CD Plans makes me cry every time I hear it. I am not sure if my sadness is greater because my name is in it or if the lyrics are the sole contributor, but you can check it out for yourself. For the old stuff... which I prefer on bad days, I am not sure if I could pick a favorite.... there is the more popular Sound of the Settling or one of my favorites, the Passengers Seat, or Transatlanticism... don't make me pick... I could go on and on. But let me warn you. Death Cab gets better with time. At first you won't be that into it...it is just because you aren't used to lyrics this deep... after a little bit, once you learn to really listen, it will rock your world, I guarantee it!

And remember....

You can’t find nothing at all if there was nothing there all along

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home