Saturday, February 11, 2006

Spring Trends

I accept the place that trends have in fashion. They keep it fun and interesting so we don't get completely bored, Right? Even though I find it wrong to indulge fully in the latest trends it is good to mix a few into an otherwise classic wardrobe. Most trends I agree with but everyone in a while there is one that leaves me puzzled. The latest trend that has even (gasp!) spread to my not-so-fashion-forward school just drives me crazy. Leggings. I know I know.... THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!! But come on, are all the amazing fashion icons of the world SOOO out of game that they are already turning to this 80's trend? America just started to forgive themselves for the MANY fashion mistakes of the 80's (big hair, off the shoulder sweatshirts, leg warmers etc.) do we really need to re-introduce this trend so early in the cycle? Maybe it is just me and my crazy mind but I would LOVE to stick to tights! Cure your leggings fix with a cute opaque pair extending ALL THE WAY to the toes! My conclusion: Black tights are HOT; Black Leggings are NOT! Thank you very much!!!

Now for some trends I actually support....

Sneakers with Dresses and Skirts- FINALLY my favorite combo ever is now supported in New York Fashion Week! Ever since Mischa Barton's Ked Campaign started we have all had sneakers on the brain. Though I have always favored the slightly punky Converse All-Star.... Ked's cute but simple designs look gorgeous with dresses and skirts alike! If you try this trend and some snob tells you that you are not allowed to wear sneakers with skirts, send them to me.... I will put 'em in their place!

Lace- Pretty, frilly, girly and gorgeously Victorian. Lace is to die for, makes even the biggest tom boys feel like radiant damsels in distress! The more vintage the better... because the older it is... the cooler it is, that’s how I roll!

Vests- Ahh, men’s wear is crossing over into women’s and I am living every minute of it. Take a tip from the beautiful Sienna Miller and wear these babies over everything. POW... instant figure! ? It is like a less slutty corset. My favorite with colorful T-Shirts and Jewelry.

Tulip skirts- I LOVE this shape. I honestly had never really seen anything like this until recently. It is so lady like with the beautiful gathering at the top... aww I can't stop gushing about them.... I NEED one! I'm thinking in Red but who knows.

Bold Jewelry- There is a fine line between bold and tacky. Though I love this trend it can come off wrong if not used correctly. Just pick pieces that are original and mix them up!! Just don't allow you outfit to over power the jewelry, unless you want that... then you should go with a simpler style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home