Saturday, November 18, 2006

Website/Blog of the day

Yo Yo Yo… here is a new game we are going to play here at FashionOutcast. (Hopefully) everyday I will try to post a really cool website and/or blog that I want people to check out. Just some fun for the whole fam.

Okay… today’s Blog is a random one I found clicking the handy “Next Blog” button… which will probably be how I will find most of these. It is called Someone’s In the Kitchen and it is basically a recipe book gone high tech. It is filled with cool recipes to try from a lady named Amanda in Canada. I am a big cooking advocate, basically since the takeover of American TV to the food network so I think I might try a few of her cookie recipes for the holidays. Also if you aren’t a typical cooker I suggest you start. Cooking is a major stress reliever and just plain old fun! I love getting together with friends and family and just baking or cooking. It will also reduce the cash problems created by constant takeout! I am not saying you have to take one of these recipes but you can always go to the generic Recipes.com or watch the Food Network (30 min Meals with Rachel Ray, as cliché as it is, is my fav). I also applaud Amanda for the idea of going digital with her recipe book. It is a pretty smart one that I just might consider :)

This website is her basically for laughs. It is called Overheard in New York and is basically a place where New Yorkers post random tidbits of weird conversations they have over heard around the city. It was one of Time Magazines coolest sites in 2005 and I can see why. Here is an example of what’s on the site

Hipster chick: I'd like to get my eyebrows done.
Korean woman: You have boyfriend?
Hipster chick: Uh... no.
Woman: No wonder. You have hairy upper lip.
Hipster chick: Okay...
Woman: No worry -- we clean up -- you have many boyfriend.
--Beauty parlor on W 8th St

Priceless right!!?? That’s why I love New York… you get to year crazy stuff everyday

*** FYI If anyone wants to share a blog or a website I would love to check it put and mention it!! Comment or email me

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ray Grimm said...

Great article. It is really interesting and I enjoyed reading it, I will recommend this blog to my friends!

Regards,
Ray Grimm

12:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home